We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated, self-driven individual to join our team as a Procurement Specialist. He/she will be responsible for all procurement activities related to contracting & purchasing. Previous experience should include working with existing suppliers, price negotiation and logistics.
The procurement specialist works in a service-oriented business and oversees the purchasing and inventory of operating supplies rather than retail goods. They will work to develop and adhere to systems that track the inventory of necessary operating supplies and will also keep track of existing goods and future purchasing needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, develops, establishes, builds and maintains solid Database with vendors and clients.
- Keeps track of invoices, payments and accountancy requirements related to purchasing contracts.
- Place, schedule, and follow-up on purchase orders to ensure accuracy and timely delivery
- Disputes resolutions (if applicable) in a timely manner.
- Predicts necessary resources according to business needs and requests and coordinate with vendors to obtain best products and prices.
- Resolves billing issues and any conflicts between the company and the vendors/clients.
- Identifies and maintains working relationships with vendors, evaluates vendor contract terms, and negotiates competitive prices.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of data provided to the accountancy, the spent budget and finding the best quality/ price balance within the allocated budget
- Documents rationale for vendor/subcontractor selection; exercise discretion and independent judgement while performing price and cost analysis.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in a related professional area.
- 3 years of contracting and purchasing activities
- Demonstrated Analytical and Problem Solving Capabilities
- Ability to assess qualitative/quantitative supplier characteristics including: capabilities, sustainability of supply, business/financial strength, quality and service.
- Ability to work independently, and in a fast paced environment with strict time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and deal with vendors and clients
- Accurate data entry and qood decision making
- Tasked with finding the best possible quality within budget.
- Above average negotiating skills
- Excellent organizing and tracking skils
- Business savvy and objective decision making capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic level of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook