Backend Developer (with Ruby on Rails, Rust & Elixir Enthusiast) (Remote)
Team Extension is a nearshoring and offshoring technology company based in Bucharest, Romania.
Working with us, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of clients and projects. Our clients include startups and Fortune 500 companies that are based in Western Europe and in the United States. At our company, we are building a team of smart, motivated people who are passionate about helping the business continue to soar to new heights. We are well funded and in hyper growth mode.
Come join a team where you can truly make a difference.
Backend Developer (with Ruby on Rails, Rust & Elixir Enthusiast)>> Remote job Opportunity for huge Blockchain client
- Build and maintain Ruby on Rails, Elixir and Rust based API backends for our client's Web Apps
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team;
- Work effectively with the design team and the back-end team;
- Work effectively with QA team to ensure Web Apps are functioning as required;
- Write effective unit tests and enforce testing methodologies;
- Suggest features to improve the usability of the Web apps;
- At least one year experience in Ruby on Rails preferably with MySQL or PostgreSQL;
- Working knowledge of Git such as squashing and rebasing;
- Ability to integrate third party APIs into a web application;
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban;
- Comfortable working with a Unix\Linux command line;
- Good understanding of Domain Driven Design and its supporting principles;
- Eye for performant, maintainable and clean code;
Nice to haves
- Experience in Elixir, Rust, Ruby on Rails;
- Experience in GraphQL;
- Works in a Linux environment preferably Ubuntu or Arch Linux;
- Knowledge in Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem;
Non-technical skills and values:
- Strong interest in software development.
- Focus on self-improvement.
- Good troubleshooting skills, attention to details, proactive attitude regarding implementing and fixing issues.